It is currently 22-11-2017 11:56

The system administrator shut down 90% of the infrastructure of citibank, was sentenced to 21 months in prison

The system administrator shut down 90% of the infrastructure of citibank, was sentenced to 21 months in prison

by seo_worker » 2016-07-30 19:58:51

In December 2013 the system administrator Lennon ray brown (Ray Brown Lennon) caused the failure of Citibank in North America, which lasted several hours. It appears, then employee decided to take revenge on the authorities and intentionally erased configuration nine out of ten routers in a financial institution.

Brown got a job in the Texas branch of Citibank in February 2013. Being an engineer in computing machinery, brown had to maintain in working condition the Bank's network. But, apparently, he's not coped very well.

According to court documents, in December 2013, one of the chiefs called brown on the carpet and gave him a reprimand, as he was not satisfied with the quality of his work. On the same day, the system administrator decided to take revenge. Brown waited until the end of the working day and at 18:03 local time was sent to all ten core routers of the Bank team, which was to reset the device configuration. Two minutes later, at 18:05, brown had already left the building, taking advantage of the output of your ID-card and went home.

Code worked only nine devices, one router still remained in service, but Citibank still has lost touch with 90% of its infrastructure in North America, which, of course, entailed considerable financial loss and damaged reputation of the company.

As soon as the other employees of the Bank found out what happened, brown was reported to law enforcement. Yourself the system administrator does not deny the deed, and soon after the incident, he even sent one of the former colleagues the following message:

Qoute:"They were going to fire me. I just beat them. Nothing personal, but senior management had to see what you are capable of such simple staff, if they are constantly mistreated. I took the whole brunt. I'm sorry, if my colleagues look bad, but sometimes you need something like what I did to the top management finally woke up."

In court, brown pleaded guilty. On Monday, July 25, 2016, he was sentenced to 21 months in prison. The court also ruled that brown was obligated to pay $77 200.

seo_worker
moderators
Депозит: 0.005 BTC

Rating: 2