It is currently 20-10-2017 01:06

The hacker published data, more than 80 thousand users of Amazon Kindle

The hacker published data, more than 80 thousand users of Amazon Kindle

by sigismund » 2016-07-11 12:14:16

In the opinion of the attacker, the incident has become for the company the incentive to enhance the protection of its customers.

The hacker, who calls himself 0x2Taylor, said about hacking Amazon servers and stealing data (names, phone numbers, addresses, passwords, IP addresses, etc.) more than 80 thousand users Kindle. According to the malefactor, he informed the company about the incident and as proof posted a screenshot.

0x2Taylor demanded from Amazon $700 and threatened to publish stolen information in case of failure. Such a small amount of the ransom, the hacker explained that "to carry out the attack it was easy. In his opinion, the incident has become for the company the incentive to enhance the protection of its customers. As reported 0x2Taylor in an interview with TechMic required amount from Amazon had not arrived, so he published the stolen information on the website Mega. "Personally, I didn't want to publish the data," said hacker.

The hacker called Amazon a big company that has enough money on cybersecurity. "I tried to assure them privately, but they're ignoring me," said 0x2Taylor.

According to the Vice-President of the security company Synack Gambacorti Tony (Tony Gambacorta), at a cursory glance the leaked data appears genuine. "No reason to doubt the validity of the data is not" - said the expert.
sigismund
moderators
Депозит: 0 BTC

Rating: 5